Saturday, April 4, 2009

So messed up...

For those who don't know I live in a Condo Development. So instead of a mailbox sitting at the end of my lawn with a red flag I have a tiny little compartment surrounded by 20 other little compartments. Though that's not what really bothers me. What bothers me is that to send out Outgoing Mail there is a small basket set on top of the "Mailbox Unit". You place your mail in here and use a safety pin to clip it to the basket. I never really trust this thing because I've seen mail get rained on (even though there is almost no way possible for rain to reach it) and I don't trust putting my bills there over night. Same with my Netflix. There have been times I have wondered why people don't just go up and nap these things. Free movie! But my brother and I are the youngest people in our neighborhood, besides children, so I figure everybody is an adult here and trustworthy.

Until today...

Now I normally use the Mailbox that we have at the entrance to our neighborhood. One of those big blue ones . That thing I trust. So I will normally jus drop off my mail there on the way to work. Well today I was going to the grocery store and decided to check my mailbox before I left. I placed my Nexflix envelope's ontop of the "Unit" while I glanced through my mail. Noticing some important documents I decided to run them back upstairts to my place so I wouldn't forget. I run back downstairs and run back to my car. I do the Tri-Tap (tap all pockets to make sure I have keys, cell phone, and wallet) and as I'm about to get in my car I realize I don't have my Netflix envelopes. SO I run back over to the mailbox and thankfully they're still there. BUT in the 3 minutes I had left it there somebody opened it up, pulled out the DVD, decided they weren't interested in BattleStar Galactica Season 2.0 discs 2 and 3, and put them back into their respective envelopes.

WTF?? That is so incredibly rude. Had they actually taken it that's shit I'd have to pay for and it's exactly why I NEVER leave my mail up there. Today was a fluke.

There are these somewhat new people in our complex who are probably in their 30's and have like 3-4 cars outside with Virginia Tech stickers. If I was to guess I would say it's them because everyone else in the complex is between 50-80. I also discovered recently someone was mooching off my wireless internet. I think that was them too but I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

Anyway, just had to vent. I gotta go walk the dog. I got paintballing tomorrow in celebration of my friends birthday. Though I still feel pretty damn sick I'm not gonna let it stop me.

No comments: