Saturday, April 11, 2009

Netflix

I love Netflix. Don't get me wrong. But as genius as it is, I have to deal with the one factor that upsets me most.

It's been previously handled my morons...

Before I got Netflix I would just constantly buy new DVD's at Best Buy. Sure it was expensive, but if I knew it was good and I knew I would re-watch it, then why not buy it for keeps? One of the other main reasons was that I seem to be one of the few people on this planet who is capable of maintaining the quality of a DVD. The other person would be my father.

It's quite simple. You take it out of the case, put it in your DVD player, and when the movie is over guess what you do?? You take it out of the player and put it back in it's protective shielding. That way, the disc doesn't get scratched and you are able to view it multiple times.

Sadly with Netflix I have to deal with the fact that most people take the DVD out of their player and use it as a frisbee, coaster, or just simply to wipe their ass with it. I have found that using the Windex and cleaning the disc works wonders. But the times it doesn't work, that's just bad news. The reason I am so upset right now is the fact that most of the stuff I get on Netflix is ongoing series such as anime and other television shows. I get three DVD's at a time. That's my subscription. So I put in disc one and it's scratched to shit. Now I have to send out the damaged disc. Can I pop in the other 2 discs? Ummm, no because I haven't watched the first yet.

I dedicated the end of my night tonight to watching the final two episodes of Battlestar Galactica Season 2. I was going to watch them last night but it was too late and I needed to sleep. I figured, it's best to stop here and leave the suspense for tomorrow night. Had I not had that thought I could have watched 12 minutes into the episode and realized this disc was damaged goods and had it sent out this morning.

So seriously people. It's a friggin DVD. Take care of them. It is sooooooooo incredibly simple.

Can't wait to watch these Battlestar episode on Monday/Tuesday...

4 comments:

Thom Dawkins said...

so... yeah battlestar will eat your face..

Seantaku said...

Yeah, it's incredibly addicting.

Phossil said...

Im one of those who still dont know about netflix.
thx for dropping by.

Animoe.net

Ninoska Andrea...Rachel Ellen said...

Netflix doesn't check the discs before they send them out? That's pretty WACKKK...