Thursday, August 20, 2009

Never give up, never surrender!

Did I just quote Galaxy Quest?? Yeah I think I did.

So a week ago I beat Final Fantasy X which was an AMAZING game. After sinking in about 60 hours of game play into this title one would think I would take a breather for a bit and do something else. Well I didn't. I immediately popped in it's sequel Final Fantasy X-2. And when I say immediately, I really do mean immediately. What can I say? I have a disease when it comes to RPG's. Some gamers didn't feel like giving this game a chance because it only focused on 3 girl characters, which is confusing to me because there is nothing that guys love more than hot girls and video games. Or maybe that's just me. While the story isn't as engaging as FFX, the game play is incredibly addicting.

You down with YRP? (Yeah you know me!)

After playing so much FFX I knew this game wasn't going to be nearly as hard so I was just going to enjoy it on a casual level and not get too obsessive over trying to find every little thing. After putting several hours into the game the next day I talked to a colleague at work. He told me that back when he played it he got 100%. I was amazed by this but decided there was no way I could put the time and effort into all that. It's just too much! But then as I started playing more and more I slipped right into my obsessive phase. God I'm weak...
Though I will not try and get the full 100%, I will try and get the highest percentage possible without going completely overboard.

Which leads us to this blogs title. This game is filled with crazy mini games (Sphere Break?! Are you kidding me??) and I got caught up in one last night that was driving me insane. Basically it was a mini shooting games. You have a gun and you run through the level shooting "fiends" and grabbing ammo. Catch is you have to reach 500 points in 7 minutes. It sounded easy enough to me. After about 10 tries I was still not getting it and it was driving me mad. After even more tries I was getting closer and closer ever so slowly. Realizing it's about 2am at this point and I have work early in the morning I decided that it would probably be best if I just call it a night. Though I really didn't want to.

As I lay in bed I tossed and turned. All I could think about was that damn mini game! After about 5 minutes I leaped out of bed, turned on the Playstation and started playing. If I did not beat it tonight it would haunt my dreams and I wouldn't get any sleep. This time I got it in 2 tries! Huzzah! But that's the kind of person I am. I just can't let it go. I don't want to give up because I KNOW I can do it. It's sad really.

Never give up, never surrender!

(I'd like to point out that I am probably the first person to successfully incorporate a Galaxy Quest and OPP reference into one blog. A thank you...)

No comments: