Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

So just a quick one today. I don't want to get too much into it and be all depressing and what not. Today is my mom's birthday. She would be turning 59 if she was still alive. Just goes to show how early she was taken from us.

I was lucky enough to have someone cover my shift at work today because days like this it's just too hard to put on a straight face at work and pretend I'm not sad.

Since I make a habit of posting pictures with the blog I found this one which is very fitting. In the anime Lucky Star one of the main characters, Konata, also lost her mother. Although the show is a comedy they did a really good job with one of the episodes having the spirit of Konata's mom watching over her family. She even jumps into a picture Konata and her dad are taking. They can't see her, but she's there...

Still with them in spirit...

Happy birthday mom!

No comments: