Friday, May 29, 2009

Pittsburgh

I haven't posted in awhile.....again. But I have been working more to make up for the fact that I was going on "vacation" to visit old college friends in Pitsburgh.

So here I am! I'm in the Burgh and it's late. I'm staying at my buddies house for the weekend but he has work tomorrow so he passed out. I figured I needed to blog about something so I will just be rambling on from here on out.

I decided to drive up a night early since the weather was supposed to be really shitty today. Boy I'm glad I did. The weather in Maryland was rainy and unpleasant which is not very fun to drive in. My favorite part of driving to Pitt is being able to roll down the window and listen to my latest J-pop/rock mix on the way there. Driving through the rain ruins said experience. So I left the night before and while I did hit a bit of rain it was the fog that really hurt me. Once I reached the mountains of Pennsylvania is was literally engulfed by fog. It was about 15 minutes of terror. I couldn't even see 50 feet in front of me and the few cars around me are trying to do 80 mph on swervy, foggy, mountain roads. Very dangerous. Driving through the mist giant trucks would appear out of nowhere in front of me. It was a pretty amazing experience when I wasn't fearing for my life.

Today while my friends were at work I spent my time playing video games. Played some Uncharted which is a pretty slick PS3 game. Might be able to beat it sometime this weekend. Tomorrow my friends will be at work again so I will probably be doing the same thing I did today. Though I'd like to probably get some reading in and maybe some anime episodes. I think I'm about due to watch the new Haruhi episode again (Natch).

I shall probably also spend my time unlocking characters in Bleach: Shattered Blade and Naruto: Clash of the Ninja.

Anyway, that's all I got for tonight. Tomorrow night is going to be awesome seeing old friends.

Later!

1 comment:

Michael Flux said...

Yeah, its quite brutal driving around in fog in those roads, but just imagine the fun you'd have if you were doing 80!