Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Absense

I have to apologize for not posting as much as I normally do. I get pretty depressed around Mother's Day and normally try and keep to myself. I lost my mom 3 years ago to terminal brain cancer. I have been able to move on with my life, but when Mother's Day comes around it's like it's shoved in my face. Mother related things EVERYWHERE. I try not to let it get to me too much and I do think I handled it a lot better than last year so that's something.

Around this time of the year I will usually purchase something for myself to keep my mind occupied. Last year I bought my DS and this year I was going to trade in said DS at Gamestop for the new DSi. If you turn in your DS Lite you can get the DSi for $70. Fuck yeah. But I decided to hold off on that. Instead I purchased Rock Band 2 and have just spent the last 2 hours beating the hell out of those drums. So addicting. I was happy to see you could download Blink 182's Dammit and that the drums were really hard. Since I am rhythmically challenged it's all very difficult for me but I have fun doing it anyways. I like a challenge. I''ve already got pretty good on the Medium setting of Dammit which is pretty sweet.

The other thing that has been occupying my time is Final Fantasy X. But I will save that for next post. For now I'm going to watch some Battlestar before bed.

LOST 2 hours season finale tomorrow! Cannot wait!

3 comments:

Michael Flux said...

The proper grammar would be "you will lose 2 hours tomorrow" not "you lost 2 hours tomorrow"

-_^

Seantaku said...

I meant that tomorrow is the 2 hour season finale of the show Lost. Heh.

Michael Flux said...

Hahah, yes yes, I got that, but how could I miss such an opportunity :p