Sunday, March 29, 2009

iPod

So it took me many years but I finally got an iPod. Nothing fancy either, just the iPod Classic. I am surprised that in all this time the iPod Classic has stayed the same price. I was always holding back waiting for the price to drop and it never happened. They just came out with newer and smaller ones that never really caught my eye.

I really didn't want to spend 250 bones for this thing but it was the only one that seemed to fit. The guy at Best Buy asked me if the iPod Nano was what I was looking for. That thing doesn't have nearly enough space as I need. He told me it could hold 4000 songs. At first that seemed pretty reasonable. Then he said that's about 16 hours worth of audio. That's nothing!

Guy: Well how many songs do you think you have?
Me: I know I have a lot more than that! I have at least 150 cd's.

He looked kind of sceptical. I don't know why though. It was like he was pushing for me to get the cheaper one instead. Most sales people want you to buy the more expensive product but I could be wrong. I have been slipping into the Bizarro World a lot lately.

So I ended up getting the classic and I'm glad I did. Right now I'm at my computer uploading my cd's onto this thing. I already have 11.2 hours on this thing and that pretty much just my japanese music! I've barely scratched the surface of my actual CD binder. Sadly that means things is going to take forever. I somehow think buying this is going to bite me in the ass sometime soon. Like some crazy bill will pop up that I need to pay and I won't have the money to pay it. But I really needed this thing. This will motivate me to go to the gym so much more. Having nothing to listen to at the gym drives me absolutely nuts. The stereo at Gold's Gym plays the same exact stuff I would hear on the radio at work. I need to get my blood pumping with some Social Distortion, Flogging Molly, Blink 182, The Descendents, and the like. Katie Perry just doesn't do it for me, nor does Justin Timberlake.

Wow, looking through my CD binder I am unable to find my Descendents Somery album. This is REALLY not good.

Anyway, I think I'm acually going to go for a jog. I prefer to go out now when it's dark and cool out.

Til next time!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

I have never seen such a celebration of mediocrity as I have witness with Katie Perry's career.

And Justin Timberlake is just sub par, on all levels.