Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stone Age Glasses

These are the things that pop into my head. I really need to find more important things to be thinking about.

I was just on a website that was counting down old cartoons shows that you SHOULDN'T be nostalgic about ( Snorks, Godzilla...) and one of them was The Pebbles and Bam Bam Show where they are all grown up and in a band. Lame! It stuck me as odd that one of their band mates wore glasses. Then I remembered Fred's boss, Mr. Slate, also wore glasses.

So one has to ask themselves. In the stone age where everything is powered by dinosaur or some sort of animal, who is the brilliant Caveman that created corrective lenses?

I'm willing to suspend belief with most of their inventions on the show. A lightbulb filled with fireflies, a wooley mammoth as a shower (and can apparently also be used as a vacuum cleaner), or a woodpecker as a typewriter. But glasses? I don't buy it!

Just because your frames are made of stone doesn't mean you can make stone age glasses...

And while we're on the subject of Pebbles and Bam Bam did it ever bother anyone else that Pebbles was wearing lipstick before the age of 1? What kind of parents are these? And Bam Bam's hair was as white as a ghost. Most people don't start going grey til they are much, much older.

Food for thought...

2 comments:

bluedrakon said...

LOL - actually Bam-Bam looks a lot like Fred from Scooby-Doo if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

Pebbles and Bam-Bam look nothing like their fathers. I am calling shenanigans.