Thursday, November 12, 2009

"My trip to da Burgh" or "Sean, Sebulba, and Optimus Prime"

So I arrived in Pittsburgh tonight around 11:00 tonight and I had quite the journey.

I would have normally left right after work at 3:00 but it was raining hardcore and the highway was already a disaster. I decided to wait it out and hope that the rain would die down in a few hours. Sadly, it didn't. I called my buddy and asked how the weather was in Pitt. Clear skies! Which is odd for Pittsburgh. So I set off around 7 in the pouring rain. If there is one thing I hate more than driving long distances at night, it's doing it in the rain. Luckily for me I was only in the rain for about an hour or so. Basically once I hit PA it was gone (which is the exact opposite of every trip I take).

Since my bladder is pathetic I already had to go to the bathroom after an hour. Luckily I knew there was a rest stop coming up. WRONG! It was closed. So now I'm freaking out because I know the next rest stop has been under construction the past 2 years. And it was my favorite stop because it had Sabarro Pizza, Quiznos, and more! So I'm freaking out thinking that the next time I'm going to be able to go to the bathroom is in 70 miles. But guess what? It was finally open!! Thank the lords! And it was all nice an fancy too. I really dug the remodeling. Just wish it didn't take so long.

It should also be noted that before this happened I met my first "friend" of my trip. There are certain vehicles on my car rides I dub friends and enemies. Right before I got on the PA Turnpike I passed a massive truck. Since I had my window down (to enjoy the nice frosty PA air) when I passed the truck it was so loud it sounded like Sebulba's Podracer from Phantom Menace. So I dubbed him Sebulba, obviously. After leaving him in my dust, I eventually reached the rest stop that was finally open again. I went inside, did my thing, and as I was about to get back into my car I hear down the road the *chug chug chug* of Sebulba's podracer. I got in my car thinking "Oh no you don't fucker". As I drove down the road I passed that sucker again. Sadly, for Sebulba, this happened again at my last rest stop later in the trip. The poor fool. Getting to Pod Race with him was one of the highlights of my trip as it was pretty fucking wizard. But while this was going on I was also dealing with my main nemesis.

Optimus Prime.

I had a truck tailgating the shit out of me for a long time. It's absolutely horrifying having a vehicle that big with it's enormous headlights in your rear view mirror right on your ass. The PA Turnpike for the most part is only 2 lanes and since I couldn't change lanes due to the cars ahead of me and to the side of me, I had no choice for many miles but to deal with this huge ass truck on my ass. I dubbed him Optimus Prime because Michal Bay is a jerk off and so was this truck. He must have been late for his delivery or something because he was out for blood on the road. I felt like I was in the movie Duel for awhile. Once he passed me he ended up doing a good 95/100 mph down the road. The speed limit is 75 most of the time just so you know. At this point I was missing my playful back and forth with Sebulba.

I had been making amazing time by the way. But once I got off the Turnpike and was in the home stretch (right before the Squirrel Hill Tunnel for the people who are familiar with the area), I get stopped dead in traffic at 11 at night! On the other side of the road I am sitting right next to a police car. One of 5 to be exact. Obviously there had been some sort of an accident on the other side of the median. So why was my side stopped? Were people gawking at the accident? That's what I thought at first. Once I was able to move forward a bit I saw that on the other side of the road there was a PT Cruiser smashed and upside down!! How the hell could that happen? Now I understood why my side was gawking so much, it was quite a sight to see. But apparently thats not why my side had not been moving. It was because there was another car, not only on my side of the median, but so far of to the right it went off the street, went up a hill, and was pretty much crushed to half it's size against a tree. I don't know if there were other cars involved that had already been moved because if it was just these 2 it doesn't add up. They were way to far apart and on opposite sides of the median. Craziness...

Then I went to Wendy's drive through and specifically asked for plain Jr Bacon Cheeseburgers and they gave me ones covered in tomato and mayo.

I was very mad...

No comments: