Monday, October 26, 2009

And I'm back....

... for the most part.

Victory! Kind of...

My computer is still messed up but the spare computer I mentioned last post is now fully connected to the internet! And not a moment too soon. I was really starting to lose it. I don't know what it is but the Playstation Browser is just really weak. Sure it sucks having to use the controller as a keyboard/mouse but at least it was better than nothing. My main problem was that the browser is just really friggin slow. Certain websites either take forever to load or don't even load at all. After over a week I think the browser just gave up on Facebook all together. At first I was able to get on and things functioned normally (but slow) and then slowly started to fail. I couldn't type in comments, some pages wouldn't load, and then the site wouldn't come up at all. Twitter I fared a bit better with though because I was at least able to post comments on there. Sadly I wasn't able to scroll down past the first 20 tweets that are on the screen. Needless to say I was getting very frustrated.

But now that I at least have my back up computer running I don't have to rush to get the other one fixed. As long as I have Internet to get on to I should be set for awhile. That is until the Warcraft bug bites me and I start itching to play that. Oh damn, I shouldn't have thought about WoW, now I wanna play!

I was amazed at how much of my spare time was spent on the computer. Anytime I wanted to play WoW, I couldn't. Then I would get a hankering for checking out some new manga online, no go. Or maybe watch some new anime? Nope! Those are just a few examples. It's kinda pathetic how much I would rely on the Internet. So in this down time I was getting a lot of video game action in. Totally destroyed Batman: Arkham Asylum (great game), downloaded some Fallout 3 DLC's, played Kingdom Hearts 253/2 Days, and now I'm on Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Which I'm going to go play right now! Just wanted to let you guys know I'm still alive and with my Internets working I can continue to post on a regular basis. Plus I get to catch up on all the blogs in my blog roll that I've missed the past few weeks. Look for my comments!

2 comments:

bluedrakon said...

Nice to see you back on line. Hopefully the Computer Doctor will get you other unit up and operational soon.

Phossil said...

Now, everybody cant live without Internet. Lol