Monday, September 14, 2009

Taxi

Being without a car for awhile now has been death. As you've hopefully read in a previous post you know why I can't easily take the bus like I would like to...

Fuck, I would even take the horrific Catbus to work if it was free...

Anyway, I am normally able to get rides from friends and co-workers to get to and from work (Haruhi bless you all!) but sometimes I feel the need to call a cab to take me because I feel like I am inconveniencing people. And I hate that feeling.

So last week I decided to play it smart and call for a cab the night before work and SCHEDULE a pick up in the morning. That way I wouldn't have to wake up 20 minutes early to call a cab and wait. So I scheduled a cab to come pick me up at 9:40am. Being the punctual person I was raised to be, I was already outside waiting for the cab at 9:35 just to be sure. Next thing you know it's 9:45. I need to be at work in 2 minutes at least but they still aren't here. Normally I give people the benefit of the doubt, especially since that day was very rainy, but it was getting way too late so I called the taxi service. I asked where the fuck my cab was and they said "We're sorry sir just give the driver 7 minutes or less. He actually just left at 9:40"

He LEFT at 9:40?

I'm pretty damn sure that's when I was scheduled to get picked up. Why on Earth would someone leave at 9:40 to pick someone up at 9:40? Did Doc Brown give the company a Delorean? Probably not. That's why I called ahead the night before! If it is your job to pick people up at a certain time then you should probably do said job. My store opens at 10:00. I gave myself 20 minutes to get to said store (which is a 5 minute car drive to get to) in order to be open on time. Because it's my job to be open on time.

If we're being paid money to do something that we can't even do properly then the whole system is flawed...

I'm now tired, I have work tomorrow, and I have a cab that is supposed to pick me up tomorrow for work. I played it smart this time and told them to come at 9:30. Fingers crossed...

3 comments:

bluedrakon said...

so - did your cab actually make it on time?
Taxi's are great for the city, but I wonder why they do such a bad job when you tell them in advance when you need picked up.

Seantaku said...

Sadly no. I scheduled one for yesterday morning for 9:30 (10 minutes earlier than the last time and they came 20 minutes late!! Gonna have to try again tomorrow and shoot for 9:20 and then have them sit outside til I'm good and ready :-)

Alyson said...

Endless LULZ at "Did Doc Brown give the company a Delorean?"

Thank goodness by the time you see this you will no longer have that problem because you have a rental car and are getting your car fixed, but seriously, it's the taxi cabs BUSINESS to be there on time and get you to your destination.

If they cannot find it within themselves to get you to work on time, then you should make note of the company and never use their services again! Good riddance!