Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wolverine Trailer

So here's the Wolverine movie trailer...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=7913&offset=25

It had definitely caught my interest more so than I thought it would. The action scenes look pretty sweet, I just hope it doesn't sacrifice story for action. Wolverine has such a fucked up past and I can tell from the trailer they are making reference to the actual Wolverine: Origin comic book which I loved.

There are many cameos from popular X-men characters, some I'm still confused about who they are. But here are my thoughts on the ones I do know.

Gambit!!! Gambit looks awesome. Plain and simple. People are already complaining he doesn't have red eyes. Cry me a river. This guy looks more like Gambit than I thought he could. When they were making X-men 3 Scott Cann was in talks as Gambit. It makes me glad they didn't pass that one. And who knows, maybe sometime during the movie he will go balls out and his eyes will turn red.

The Blob. NOTHING CAN STOP THE BLOB! If this is not said in the movie I will be sad. He does look pretty cool though.

Deadpool. He was a favorite of mine as a kid. And for good reason. He's a smart mouthed mercenary. Always reminded me of Spider-man sometimes if Spidey killed people. Their masks are kinda similar too. I think the casting of Ryan Reynolds is perfect! He's got the sense of humor. But Deadpool is also deformed and wears a mask. Maybe they will show how he becomes deformed, I dunno.

Silverfox. Wolverine's woman. That's all you need to know

Young Stryker. He serves as the narrator basically in the trailer and he seems to have captured Brian Cox's voice from X2. Which makes me happy.

Victor Creed/Young Sabertooth. This one is the big question with people. I'm a Liev Schreiber fan. He doesn't look much like Sabertooth in this movie. He definitely doesn't look like Sabertooth in the first X-men movie. But as a young Victor Creed, I buy it. I like it. Why he's a shitload shorter in this movie and doesn't have long blonde hair than in X-men is something I hope they touch one. It will probably have to do with the Weapon X program. Most people have complained already about Creed's height in the trailer, how he's the same size as Wolverine.

Well, you have to look at it this way. Comic enthusiasts know that Wolverine is a whopping 5'3. A bit of a Napoleon complex I'm sure, hence the anger. Hugh Jackman is almost 6'3. Getting someone taller than that is really hard. I could ask Gheorge Muresan next time he stops into my work why he wasn't cast as Sabertooth but I'm sure he'd just laugh. He's 7'7 by the way.

When X-men 1 came out I remember being mad because my friends Cahill and Ron saw it before me. I ended up seeing it with Gaby so no hard feelings, but I remember Cahill being pissed and telling me Wolverine and Sabertooth had no history together. Wolverine pretty much hated him because he stole his dog tags. Judging by the trailer this might be something they touch on. Wolverine makes note in the trailer of wanting new dog tags that say Wolverine (something I found kinda lame). But I'm pretty sure we will all know that he'll get his mind wiped by the end of the flick so he won't remember Sabertooth in the 1st film.

Kinda like 3PO in Revenge of the Sith. lawlz.

Ok, I'm done. That went on long enough.

No comments: