Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First Blog

This is my first blog here. Since I actually just wrote one last night on my Facebook I figure I'll just copy and paste that one over here. I guess it also actually can give you a pretty good idea of what I'm like. Enjoy...

I'm bored and I haven't done one of these in a few months so I figured why not. I shall bore you all with the geekiness that is my life.


1) I'll get this one out first since it's probably the lamest. As I am writing this I am listening to a Streaming Japanese Radio station online. I used to listen to this shit constantly! But then I didn't have internet for almost 4 months and once I got it back I kinda forgot about it. There used to be a time when I knew more about the popular music in Japan than anything going on here. If it wasn't for the radio at work I would have no idea what the kids these days are listening to. Once I realized it basically all crap I was glad I wasn't missing much. Though many could say the same thing about me. I mean, Japanese music? Really?! But hey, to each his own. In the eyes of the general public, I'm the weird one. lol I'm listening to a song right now that sounds almost exactly like a Japanese Jamiroquai. Pretty funky.

2) Today I saw a bootleg trailer for the new Wolverine movie. The quality sucked but that's ok because there was a half a second clip of fucking Gambit twirling his staff! It was just enough to get my fanboy blood a boiling.

3) Chrono Trigger, my favorite non Final Fantasy RPG of all time was actually ported to the Nintendo DS! This is great considering the original SNES version is pretty hard to come by (at least in good condition) and my SNES system is basically fried. So after working on Black Friday I was able to get myself a copy of the DS version at Gamestop. Merry Christmas to me!

4) I got my Haruhi Suzumiya Figma figure recently. It's a ridiculously posable figure with interchangeable hands and face. Sound lame? Yeah it probably is but these are the things that make me happy. Plus I got it for dirt cheap. Sometimes it's worth waiting awhile for things to drop in price. Happy Birthday to me!

5) My entire loft is now WiFi crazy! The Fortress of Solitude is now tapped into the online world of gaming. If I'm bored I'll get on my Playstation 3, pop in Soul Calibur 4, connect to an online game, and get my ass literally handed to me by gamers across the globe. I'm being completely honest. I'm decent at Soul Calibur but the people online are 10 times better than Ahmad playing as Cervantes. It's extremely frustrating but I do enjoy the fact that there is ALWAYS someone to play with. Plus it gives me something to strive for. Get better than the 13 year children who are undoubtedly talking smack about me as they "Ring Out" my sorry ass over and over. I need to get a headset so that once I get good I can talk trash to these little fuckers.

It's amazing how much time has changed. Not too long ago if you wanted to play multi player you had to be in the same room with your buddies and play on one tv. Gameboys had to be plugged into each other with a 3 foot wire. I have a few anime fighting games on my DS that most of my friends wouldn't be caught dead playing. In the past they would be games I would die to play but wouldn't bother wasting money on because I would have no one to play with. Now I plop down in my chair, turn on the DS, and in less than a minute I can play with loads of people online. Fucking awesome.

Well it's 3:50am and I have more shit to do before bed such as watching some Last Exile (which so far is an amazing anime) and maybe squeeze in some Chrono Trigger.

I have so much time and so little to do...



Scratch that, reverse it...

No comments: