Thursday, December 1, 2011

Where does the time go...?

Has it really been 6 months? Apparently so.

When i was in rehab back in May I remember when my counselor first brought up the idea of me going into a Halfway House. My immedaite response was "I don't think so". To me, a Halfway House was a place for crazy people. When I was in college my dorm was right across the street from a Halfway House and it was filled with some real crazy people. One lady literally stood in the center of her kitchen and spun in circles for hours upon end. I have video footage to prove it.

So you'll have to understand that when I hear that I am going to be going to a Halfway House I was a little worried. Especially when I'm being told I'll be living there for 6 months. But after sleeping on it one night and talking to my family I agreed the very next day to go through with it.

And what a journey it's been. Obviously I'm very glad I went through with it. The first 2 months were amazing. I met a lot of great new people, some of which I feel could be friends for life. But after those first 2 months things changed. A LOT. But I'm not really going to get into that right now. I've promised myself I won't bad mouth this house until after I leave. What I will say is that when a new company took over back in July things went downhill really fast.

So next week is a new beginning for me. I'm moving back into my condo except I won't be living alone anymore. Which is for the better. I not only have one room mate lined up to move in next week but another roomie moving in shortly after.

I plan to continue going to meetings, obviously. 4-5 a week at least. While living here I had to attend a meeting every day. Coupled with work and a house group every day this came to be very taxing after awhile. My schedule was as follows. Wake up, work, dinner, House Group, meeting, chore, bed. That was my routine for 5 months. And I had no problem with it what so ever. I like going to meetings because 90% of the time I get something out of it. Sure there are days when you just feel plain sick and a meeting is the last thing you want to do, but tough nuts you gotta do it.

The only thing i had a problem with was the House Group.

Wow, talk about the biggest pain ever. It will be one of the first things I blog about once I get out of here. It amazes me that an hour and a half long group can literally almost drive me insane. Last i checked the group was supposed to help you in recovery! So obviously they must be doing something wrong if the only thing running through my mind as I count down the minutes til it ends is "Can't wait til this is over so I can go to a meeting and learn something HELPFUL"

But that is for another time. A few more days here and my time will have come to an end. I got here during the summer in 100 degree weather and am leaving now in the freezing cold.

Where does the time go...?

No comments: