Saturday, December 18, 2010

Discrimination

I've probably said it 1000 times but I still don't get it. And I guess I never will. Why discriminate? Seriously?? Why?

Definitely one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't believe anyone should be judged by their race, gender, sexual orientation, or anything. Thats just how I was raised. If someone is an asshole, well then they are just an asshole. lol Doesnt matter what they look like.

I bring this up because I just read this article...

Racists Demand Thor Boycott

White supremacist group hates the idea of Elba as Heimdall.


A white supremacist group is so peeved about black English actorIdris Elba playing the Norse mythological god Heimdall in Thorthat they're urging a boycott of the upcoming Marvel movie.

The Guardian reports that the U.S.-based Council of Conservative Citizens has established a web site to allow other like-minded people to boycott the Kenneth Branagh-directed film because of the change in Heimdall's race.

I'm pretty sure Thor never said "Wait, Black Panther is joining The Avengers? Fuck this noise I'm out"


I could care less what color his skin was. If the dude can act and pull off an awesome Hiemdall then I'm all for it.

Sorry, I just had to vent. I have a sinus infection and I'm in a bad mood. Hahaha. But hey, thats what the blog is for right?!

-Seanthings

1 comment:

bluedrakon said...

I kind of feel a bit taken back as we all grew up with "The Mighty Thor" comics and not seeing one black person in the group that I can remember.

Some comic purist may have issue with this and I do to a point. With that said however, we now live in a more diverse society that I like to see a more better mix of culture and people in my comics.

Need to move forward and not backwards I alway say!